When you only have a few moments to grab the attention of potential customers, conventional, static websites simply won’t do. Discover the advantages of integrating animation into web design and development and why your website needs it today!
Benefits of Animation in Web Design
Animation in web sites has been around since the early years of the internet, but it’s taken on a whole new meaning in the context of digital marketing. Data shows businesses have much to gain by adding animation to web design, such as:
- It can boost audience retention rates. Users are more likely to explore a website and remember its contents when it features animation.
- It can raise user return rates. Strategic animation can compel users to follow call-to-action (CTA) statements and return to the website for more content.
- It can increase quality leads. Value-loaded animation has been shown to generate greater traffic and more leads.
- It can grow ROI. With increased traffic and leads come higher potential for sales and profit.
Applied correctly, animation can upgrade your website and make it an even better marketing and sales tool for your business.
4 Brilliant Ways to Integrate Animation into Web Design
Keep in mind that more animation doesn’t always mean better. Experts on web design services strive to strike a balance when it comes to integrating animation within a site.
Ideally, they must be few and thoughtfully placed to avoid distracting the users from the core content. Every single piece of animation must serve a purpose.
Once these are achieved, it’s time to get creative with how animation is used in a site:
- Present hidden menus.
Menus that drop down or appear abruptly can disrupt user experience. Consider animating hidden and drop-down menus to soften the display. Animation can make the reveal gradual, seamless, and pleasing to the user’s eye.
- Enhance micro-interactions.
Micro-interactions refer to subtle features that make the browsing experience more delightful. They are typically made up of simple single-use animation. Some examples are:
• Data input – If the website requires registration for access to exclusive content, adding a “strength level meter” micro-animation below the password bar will help your users secure their accounts.
• Swipe – The way some web pages flow to a different screen upon swiping to a certain direction? That’s on-point swipe micro-interaction. It’s a great way to keep mobile users engaged with your web content.
• System Status – Giving users real-time updates about some essential aspect of the website goes a long way. For example, if the user uploading something to the site, displaying a meter with their upload’s progress would be helpful.
- Display sliding galleries.
This is probably one of the most common ways to add animation to web design. Animation allows users to browse galleries smoothly and make it an elegant visual experience.
- Emphasize CTA statements.
Do you want users to stop and pay attention to CTA statements? Animate the CTAs. The movement will attract and retain the viewer’s eyes without fail for a certain period.
Resell Website Animation Solutions
Do you want to add animation into your web design offers, but your team lacks the skills and experience to deliver it? Consider reselling animation solutions from a white label digital marketing company.
Don’t worry. With a credible white label company, your clients will be none the wiser of their animation’s varied origin. You’ll be able to attract and retain more customers with your expanded web design and development offers. Add animation to your services today!