Synthetic turf is a great grass alternative for lawn makeovers. Not only is it easy to maintenance, but it also ups the safety, aesthetics, and functionality of yards. Still on the fence about this versatile material? Get the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the turf before you install artificial grass for pets in Chattanooga, TN!
Pet Owners’ FAQs on Artificial Grass Installation
While more and more pet owners are turning to artificial turf for its amazing benefits, many are still on the fence about it. If you’re one of them, the answers to these frequently asked questions may help you decide:
- What is the ideal artificial turf for pets?
Dogs and pets come in different breeds and sizes. Some are more active than others. When choosing the best artificial turf in Chattanooga, TN for pets, the best way to go is to choose a one that is practical and wear-resistant. It must have:
- Short Nylon Grass –It is common for pets to go potty on your lawn. Short grass lets you spot and clean their waste faster. Choose one that’s made of nylon so that it can withstand high foot traffic.
- Good Backing and Drainage – Artificial grass has drainage holes that allow liquids to pass through easily. This will allow you to wash and rinse the turf without worries.
- High-Quality Accessories – Pick an infill that fortifies the synthetic turf’s durability and features antimicrobial protection. Then, invest in a turf deodorizer for optimal odor control.
- Do I need to hire a professional installer?
Yes! Only experts in artificial turf installation in Chattanooga, TN can guarantee excellent results on the first try. They will help you:
- Plan and landscape your artificial grass project
- Select the best turf and accessories for your installation
- Prepare and level your grounds for synthetic grass
- Install the artificial grass
- Protect the installation from rips, tears, and other damage
- How much does a pet-friendly artificial lawn cost?
The cost is dependent on many factors, including the type of synthetic grass, size of your yard or site, and installation accessories and services. Ask your artificial turf installer for a quotation.
- How do I clean pet urine, poop, and fur off synthetic grass?
Cleaning pet waste off artificial grass is easy! Just hose it down with water and let liquid waste drain away. Odors, however, may stay and build up. To eliminate them, spray the area with vinegar and water solution or use proper grass cleaners.
Shedding in dogs and pets is another potential issue, but it’s nothing that a leaf blower or stiff broom can’t fix. Just make sure not to wet your lawn before cleaning to prevent pet hair from sticking to the grass fibers.
- Is artificial grass safe for pets?
Absolutely! Without the absence of natural grass and soil, your pets are less likely to encounter ants, bees, ticks, fleas, and other lawn pests. Artificial grass is also gentler on the paws and pesticide-free.
Build a Lawn That Your Pets Will Love
Do your research before you install artificial grass for pets in Chattanooga, TN. Doing this will help maximize your resources. Then, plan your dream lawn with the synthetic turf experts. They will be more than happy to assist you in choosing and installing the synthetic grass with the best pet-friendly features.